Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mama's Busy

I want to preface this post by saying, I wouldn't trade being a busy "stay at home mom" for any other job. At this point in life I much prefer being serving my family, being busy by choice, and being my own boss! But my oh my, I've never been busier. It's the type of busy where you can only tackle what needs to be done for the next day between the hours of 10pm and midnight. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a planner and like to do things much in advance. However, amidst the current demands of life, I count my day a success if I manage to accomplish just the "must dos" for that day before my head hits the pillow around 12:30am. The kids' activities are starting to fill up my calendar, which has been an adjustment for me! Right now I'm attempting to keep up with their activities without crossing off any of my own. We will see how long I can keep that up! The kids seem to be enjoying T-ball! I haven't been able to go to a practice yet, but Matt has. I laugh so hard when he tells me stories of their attempts at running bases, catching, and throwing. Let's just say we have one boy who is very intent on listening and learning the game, one boy who runs the bases in any order he feels like it, and one girl who considers T-ball practice more of a social event. I just can't wait to share video of their first game which is coming up April 30th. I really need to start planning Eli, Cara, and Brady's birthday party which is less than 2 weeks away! They are just so excited this year and with their birthday falling on Easter, that whole weekend is going to be one big blessing. I can't wait! Brady's scans are next Tuesday. I was able to connect with a Nurse Practitioner at Strong who handles pediatric anesthesia consultations. She didn't feel it was worth my time to bring Brady in for a consult. She did, however, listen to all of my concerns, agreed that we needed to address them, and is working to connect us with a specific anesthesiologist that she works with and trusts. The plan is for this doctor to call me the day before the scans to thoroughly discuss past experiences and expectations for that day. We are praying for an early scan time given that Brady will be NPO after midnight. The older he gets, the harder the process seems to be. With age comes awareness, and with awareness comes fear, unfortunately. Thank you for keeping Brady, Matt, and I in your prayers in the coming week.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Cara making t-ball into a social event. Love it! Prayers will be flowing from here to you for all to go well for the scan. Please God....

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!