Thursday, January 22, 2009

I know many of you want information, so we are going to try and continue updating via this blog as best we can. Our world has come crashing down and we desperately need the prayers of our friends and family. I'm having a hard time putting thoughts together, so I will just list the events of yesterday and today so far;
1.Came in for an MRI--unexpectedly they found a mass on Brady's spine.
2. Within a few hours we were told that Brady would be having spinal surgery to relieve pressure caused by the tumor on the spinal cord.
3. Later we found out the tumor was much larger than earlier thought...what we know is that it is cancer, it is big, it is in his chest.
4. The surgery was from 7-9:30pm. They removed some of the tumor and that part was successful in that his spine was somewhat decompressed. A lot of tumor remains. What was removed will be tested to diagnose the specific kind of cancer.
5. Brady is intubated and being kept somewhat sedated until further notice.
6. A risk of surgery was loss of function in one or all of his limbs. So far, his movement in all limbs looks good..Praise God.
7. At 9am this morning they did a bone marrow extraction to test if the cancer is in his bone marrow. This will be followed up by a CAT scan to look for other areas of cancer in his body.
8. We expect to hear more about the chemotherapy process, learn what type of cancer/prognosis, and possibly another surgery to place a central line today.

We need our friends and family right now. Please please pray for Brady. Please pray for our family as we continue to try and decide what is best to do in regards to having a memorial for my grandma. Please pray for Matt and I to find the courage to face all of this.

17 comments:

  1. Megan,

    Thank you so much for the update. There are so many people praying for Brady and your family and will continue to pray. Please get ahold of me for anything. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan, I am a friend of Jill Avila's. She sent me an email today, with a link to your blog, asking me to pray for Brady. He is a beautiful little boy and I am praying hard for him, and your family today. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 I pray that you and your husband with have peace today, knowing that God loves Brady and has a perfect plan for his life.
    Maria Connor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Meg and Family,
    I am sorry to hear about Brady, I will and pray and I have asked for many others to pray for you all.
    Love You Guys
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just stunned as I am sure you guys are. We explained how serious Brady's condition is to his cousin Evan last night and he cried for Brady. We love him so much and will pray that the chemo will do what it needs to.

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am praying for you and your family Megs!! I am so sorry to hear this, it just makes me so sad. Your family has been through enough and I have sent this to as many people as I know so they can pray for you. I love you and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan
    Although I don't know you and your family I am also a Triplet Mom with the Rochester group. Please know that I am praying for your dear and sweet son Brady and your entire family.
    Robin Allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Megan,

    I am so sorry to hear about Brady. I will be thinking about all of you a lot. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

    Take care,
    Kristin Cipollone

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what to say. We will continue to keep your precious family in our thoughts and prayers. We love all of you. If we can take the kids or help you in anyway, please let us know.

    Stacey, Frank and Carter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Megan,
    We are certainly praying for you and your family. If you are driving to Rochester and need childcare, we are two minutes from the thruway at the LeRoy exit.
    XOXO
    Joce

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brady is definitely in my prayers! I found your site thru Joce's blog, Tillaboro Orchard. Just wanted you to know someone in South Texas is praying for Brady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Megan,
    We are praying for all of you here...owen wants "meggie's brady to be all better." Just like we all do.
    I love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Megan, I am so sorry and will be praying for Brady and your family to have the strength. Grandma Lynn is on her way and will lead the troops to help in any way we can. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Megan,
    I am so sorry to hear about Brady... I cannot imagine how difficult this is for all of you. Please let me know if I can do anything to help. I will keep praying for you, Matt, and Brady. Thank you for keeping all of us updated.
    Lori Penepent

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry for this turn of events! I just, can't believe it. I am glad that you began this blog. Writing is a small outlet but the support it is generating for you is a blessing.

    Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourself. I know it is a selfless time for you - but you have to stay healthy and focused so you can be there for Brady, entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Megan,
    I am so sorry to hear what you are all going through. You all must be so scared and in shock. You went to his MRI waiting for diagnosis of CP and you got something that you were not even prepared for at all. You must be numb with fear.
    My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Angela (mom to Elizabeth)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to hear your poor little boy has such a battle ahead of him.

    Wishing you all the best.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a mom of triplets in Texas also a member of TC. I will keep your family in our prayers. May God bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!