I know many of you want information, so we are going to try and continue updating via this blog as best we can. Our world has come crashing down and we desperately need the prayers of our friends and family. I'm having a hard time putting thoughts together, so I will just list the events of yesterday and today so far;
1.Came in for an MRI--unexpectedly they found a mass on Brady's spine.
2. Within a few hours we were told that Brady would be having spinal surgery to relieve pressure caused by the tumor on the spinal cord.
3. Later we found out the tumor was much larger than earlier thought...what we know is that it is cancer, it is big, it is in his chest.
4. The surgery was from 7-9:30pm. They removed some of the tumor and that part was successful in that his spine was somewhat decompressed. A lot of tumor remains. What was removed will be tested to diagnose the specific kind of cancer.
5. Brady is intubated and being kept somewhat sedated until further notice.
6. A risk of surgery was loss of function in one or all of his limbs. So far, his movement in all limbs looks good..Praise God.
7. At 9am this morning they did a bone marrow extraction to test if the cancer is in his bone marrow. This will be followed up by a CAT scan to look for other areas of cancer in his body.
8. We expect to hear more about the chemotherapy process, learn what type of cancer/prognosis, and possibly another surgery to place a central line today.
We need our friends and family right now. Please please pray for Brady. Please pray for our family as we continue to try and decide what is best to do in regards to having a memorial for my grandma. Please pray for Matt and I to find the courage to face all of this.