Monday, January 19, 2009

Sad Day

My grandma, my mom's mom, passed away suddenly last night. She was my only living grandparent, and quite a character as many of you know. She loved my mom, her grandkids, and her great-grandkids with all her heart. Grandma was loving and an amazingly generous woman. Her husband Bob even told me that she had been out shopping for my kids yesterday. She had just called me last Sunday to scold me that my house was too cold and she worried about my "babies" freezing in "your old, cold house." I guess she was looking at blanket sleepers for them and was mad they only came in infant sizes. She was a worrier, but she was a lot of fun! Mom confided in me that she had shared with her about Brady after we left her house on Christmas Day. Grandma was so sad to hear that there was health problem with him. I wish so much she could have seen him walk someday. That being said, I told mom today that I know Grandma's greatest joy was being at each of our weddings and seeing each of us become parents. She was always there...always. I love you grandma...we'll miss you so very much...

2 comments:

  1. Megan,
    I got your e-mail, and wanted to come check out your blog. I'm so, so, sorry about your grandma! And know that I'm praying for you, Brady, and your whole family!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    My prayers are will all of you!! God is Big, REAL BIG!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!