Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Couldn’t Help Myself

I know, I know. It isn’t even Thanksgiving yet.

But my schedule allowed for a little time to start the process of Christmas decorating!

I decided to start a new tradition this year. I set up a tiny tree in our dining room and told the kids that it would be “their tree.” I bought some tiny ornaments and they helped me decorate it this afternoon.

They could barely contain their excitement as they got to hang each little ornament. It was all going perfectly until Allie saw the white ball ornaments that I had bought. She picked one up and shouted, “Look mommy, little eyeballs!”

Oh my, I laughed so hard my belly hurt.

After we hung up all of the tiny stockings, cupcakes, and even eyeballs, we had nothing left to do but turn off the light and enjoy the pretty glow.

DSC_0873

You may not agree, but I think a little Christmas cheer a week or so ahead of schedule is a great thing:)

sig

4 comments:

  1. I think it is a great thing too! While I don't always comment I always enjoy your posts and seeing the progress all of the kids, especially Brady, are making. You have a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas cheer is welcome any time! I love Christmas and the lights and the feeling of joy.
    The picture is so special.
    Have a happy Thanksgiving, all of you.
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it is just my jetlagged eyes....but Cara looks about 5. Eli and Brady are also looking 'older' and Ali isn't getting any younger. Time doesn't stop does it????

    p.s. GREAT photo!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!