Saturday, September 4, 2010

2 Days Until Our Stand!

First and foremost. I have a prayer request and some very sad news to share. Matt's cousin and her husband just lost their newborn daugther due to a heart condition. Out of respect for their privacy I will not share more details, but I do ask that you keep this family in your prayers. We are all just devastated but praying for God's strength and comfort to surround them.

Tomorrow is our big baking day in preparation for our lemonade and baked goods stand. I have a group of wonderful women joining me tomorrow to bake the day away! On the menu are lemon cookies, lemon poppy seed muffins, and lemon bars. All of the shopping for the big day is done! It's amazing how many people I've been able to talk with about our stand as I've been out shopping. Having a cart full of lemonade mix certainly draws some attention! As September is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month I tell anyone who will listen about organizations like the Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation who are in need of donations to find a cure.

Speaking of money for a cure...have you voted today in the Pepsi Refresh Everything contest?
You can vote ONCE PER DAY by clicking here. Please consider posting this link on your facebook page this month. Remember there is $250,000 at stake that will go directly to the doctors at Memorial Sloan Kettering to help children with Neuroblastoma!

Thank you to ALL who have donated online for our Alex's Lemonade Stand. I have also received several amazing donations personally. So far, we have raised close to $300! My goal for this year is $1,000 since we are only having our stand for 1 day versus 3 days last year. I'm SO confident that we can exceed this goal!

Please make plans to come to Oakfield this Monday for the Day in the Park Celebration. There will be a parade starting at 10am and entertainment throughout the day for the whole family. And of course their will be lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!