Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Day of Preschool…Mission Accomplished!

Okay, so sending them off on their first day of preschool wasn’t as bad as I thought!

Mostly that’s because a certain little girl wasn’t acting quite as I hoped she would, so instead of feeling sad about saying goodbye I was stewing about her antics:(

Here is that cute, but a little bit precocious girl before we left for school.

DSC_0251

Don’t let that adorable bow and sweet smile fool you, my little Cara decided to play the “I’ll do the opposite of what the teacher says game” while the parents stayed in the room for the first 20 minutes.

The teacher assured me that the rest of the morning went fine. I’m still wondering about that…

Eli’s eyes are closed in this picture, but still, the cuteness factor is there!

DSC_0245

While I was in the room, Eli blurted out some pretty funny comments. There is nothing like a, “I’m going to be an astronaut and ZOOM to the moon!” comment to make this momma proud. Of course at the time the teacher was talking about the calendar, but Eli was obviously thinking about more advanced things.

Brady was the quiet, thoughtful student today. He followed directions, didn’t have much to say, but did have a lot of smiles for his teacher.

DSC_0246

I was very proud of all three of my monkeys today. When it was time for the parents to leave, they each just kind of waved at me, blew me a kiss, and that was it. When I returned to pick them up, I had the great experience of having them all run to me for hugs. So precious…

DSC_0272

When we arrive at preschool I have to help the kids get their school shoes on, hang up their backpacks, and help them use the bathroom. We were one of the first ones there, but somehow were the last to make our way into the classroom. Ha!

DSC_0255

DSC_0258

So there you have it! We all survived the first day!

sig

1 comment:

We love to read your comments!