Sunday, September 5, 2010

Lemon Everything

They say that many hands make light work.

DSC_0175   DSC_0174

Today was no exception. The extraordinary group of 7 ladies who joined me today mixed, prepared, and packaged over 350 bars, cookies, and muffins! That means we have about 120 packages to sell at our bake sale and lemonade stand tomorrow! I’m so grateful for their help and so excited for the big day!

Our selections tomorrow will include ice cold lemonade, lemon bars, glazed lemon cookies, and lemon poppy seed muffins.

 All delicious of course.

DSC_0168

DSC_0172

DSC_0177

DSC_0176

It’s amazing how quickly and efficiently these ladies worked! As I am not the best baker, I oversaw production, boosted morale, encouraged snack-eating, and took pictures, naturally.

Tomorrow is the big day! Already, we have raised $400 in donations for the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (more than half of my goal!)

Something tells me tomorrow is going to be a wonderful day:)

ps. An extra special thank you to Kristie (whose story I told you about here) who came all the way from the Syracuse area to help us out.

DSC_0173

1 comment:

  1. Meg I had a great time! And Kristie it was so great to meet you! I hope you had a safe trip home!-Chris

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!