Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Already!

Monday has a way of sneaking up on you, doesn't it?


Fall is certainly in the air in Western New York. Cooler nights, changing leaves, and pumpkins all around. The Williams kids are loving it all! They enjoy having pumpkin sighting contests on the way to preschool. I have even found a route on the way home that gives both sides of the van a chance to see a pumpkin stand. Oh the things we do to keep the peace:)


Brady had a funny one-liner the other day. We were talking about fall and all the things that go along with it. Brady piped up, "Mommy, when do we get to go pickle-treating?" Of course he meant trick-or-treating, but the thought of going door to door to get pickles made me laugh.


Eli loves to tell elaborate stories, so the spooky sights of autumn have his imagination swirling. I often hear him in the other room telling stories to himself about, "black bats flying into the night sky!" or "the witch who gave the poison apple to the princess!" He loves story telling so much that he even makes up his own words. Lately instead of saying the word because, he will say "be-cept." It comes out something like this, "Mom, I want to change my socks be-cept they are wet." Silly boy.


Cara is still our head-strong girl. She is loving the songs she has learned at preschool. She spends her playtime roaming around and interacting with her toys while just singing away. There is nothing cuter than a little girl who goes along her day in a sing-song voice:)



Allie is getting ready for her big 2nd birthday in less than a month (if you can believe that). For the longest time I have said that she is 1 1/2. Wait a minute! Not any more! She chats up a storm and has started to really test the waters with defiance. I wish someone could stop time and make her my baby forever. I already have 3 preschoolers...I'm not ready for another one:)


I don't have any new pictures to share today. My camera card is on loan right now, but I will have new pictures up very soon! I did want to share the picture of Matt and I with Selah. This was so exciting for me!!!


Have a blessed week!


3 comments:

  1. Would you believe I actually know who Selah are? I thought that was quite an achievement for me :) I am a fan of Angie Smith's blog so I guess Todd comes along as part of her 'package'. Angie's book is one of the two things that I've had shipped to our friends in Virginia Beach that we are meeting up with in Hawaii on 4 November. Not that I'm counting down or anything.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Eli's "dress-up" display on this entry-so fun to watch their creativity, isn't it!
    Cara & I would live together in perfect harmony (pardon the pun!) I have a radio on in several rooms all day long (if nobody shuts them off!) & I just sing along all the day! Makes for such a happy day!
    And can I say...don't worry about not wanting to have 4 preschoolers...by the time Ali is a preschooler, the other 3 will actually be SCHOOLERS!! (Sorry to bring that to your attention Meg-denial is not just a river in Egypt!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Cindy--I need to remind you that I will have 4 preschoolers all at once:) Next year the triplets will be in the 4 year old class and my dearest Allie will be able to start in the 3 year old class (she is a November bday and you can bet I'm sending her because she is ready!). Can you believe that????

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!