Thursday, July 8, 2010

Gone Fishin

Today’s adventure took us to my friend Danna’s house for a play date with her two girls and our very special honorary Grandmas Lynn and Niki.

Danna’s house reminds me of a Norman Rockwell painting---everything about this property is just stunning. Best of all, going there to visit gives my children a taste of country living. 

DSC_0739

DSC_0764

We spent just an hour or so outside because of the intense heat, but we packed a lot of fun into that little bit of time!

Danna’s girls showed my kids how to catch toads. Brady and Eli loved this. Cara, not-so-much. On the way home she told me, “Mommy, I don’t like toads. They are very dirty!”

DSC_0740

DSC_0743

Brady ended up carrying this tiny toad around. I noticed him with a closed fist, just walking around a few minutes later. He opened that closed fist to reveal the small toad and said to me, “Mommy, this toad really likes me! He’s not jumping away!”   Um, yeah…he’s didn’t jump away alright…he was squished!

Next it was time for fishing! I was happy to play the role of the picture taker! Danna and her girls had a bucket of worms, fishing poles, and of course pliers to pry the poor fish off the hooks after they were caught.

DSC_0746

Brady and his fish!

DSC_0751

Brady never minds getting up close and personal with animals!

DSC_0759

Eli and his fish!

DSC_0757

Even Cara was brave enough to try!

DSC_0761

The kids also visited chickens in the barn and ate raspberries off of the bush!

I may not be a big nature girl, but I’m so glad that I have friends who are:)

1 comment:

  1. Toads? Yuck. Fish? They are something you order in a restaurant that come on a plate? Yep Megan. I'm with you. I'm a city girl but I'm glad I can take my children to see friends you are the polar opposite to me and I can take pics and they can play with squishy, gooey creatures that I won't touch! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!