Thursday, July 15, 2010

Making Messes

 

I think it’s pretty safe to say that my children make quite a few messes during any given day. They have free reign of the main level of our house, so by 9am toys are strewn across each and every room.

We have our share of spilled milk, crushed goldfish crackers, handprints on windows, and I won’t even tell you about bathroom messes these days.

Imagine the kids surprise when I told them that we were going to make a mess on purpose today!

DSC_0811

Finger paint! I have kind of been avoiding doing this art project for well, a year or so. I have the paints, the papers, the art smocks…but until now I wasn’t sure if Allie was ready to participate. And if that child isn’t  participating in what we are doing, the activity doesn’t go very well!

The kids love coloring with crayons and markers, stamps, and water color paints, so I knew this would be a hit.

DSC_0810

It looks like they are covered in paint, but that is just the design on their smocks!

DSC_0809

Allie was quite confused as to why I gave her a plate but didn’t want her to eat what was on it. She kept saying, “FOOD! PLATE!’

DSC_0812DSC_0813  

Here’s to messes!

DSC_0814

2 comments:

  1. You are a great mom! I might even try that! (might..)
    love, Ellen
    http://www.caringbridge.org/ma/seanhanson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the artwork by the Williams child artists! As to your Tuesday post, see didn't I tell you more miracles were in store! We truly serve an awesome God who gives us all we ask and more. Thank you father God for your continued mercy, miracles, and grace! Go Williams!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!