Friday, August 20, 2010

Seabreeze

We have a very special tradition in my family. Each and every year we spend one of our summer day at Seabreeze Amusement Park in Rochester. As our family changes and grows, we adjust our tradition, but still manage to have a great time.

So off we went yesterday, with 7 adults, two elementary-aged boys, 4 preschoolers, and 2 toddlers! Our day was spent splashing in the water park, waving to smiling kids as they went round and round on rides, and ducking rain showers. It was a GREAT day!

getting our wristbands

DSC_0995

splashing with cousin Aubrey

DSC_0998

cutie-patootie!

DSC_1002DSC_1019

Cara is our water-baby for sure!

DSC_0999

waterslide!

DSC_1012

Time for rides!

DSC_1025

Cruisin cousins Aubrey and Cara

DSC_1028

Eli and Brady don’t like tailgating!

DSC_1033

Littlest cousin, biggest cousin!

DSC_1038

DSC_1039

My kids just loved this ride!

DSC_1044

The kids thought that these fighter planes were super cool. Not sure how I feel about these pictures of them holding guns:(

DSC_1046

Is it my turn yet?

DSC_1056

Can you hear me shouting, “Allie, get your hand out of the water!”

DSC_1057

DSC_1060

DSC_1067 DSC_1069

The kids’ first roller coaster ride!

DSC_1074

Who’s that tall guy on the kiddie ride?

DSC_1075

DSC_1076

Matt and I are always especially struck with emotion on the days like yesterday, when we are doing something that we do once a year. It is so easy to recall the previous years. Two years ago we were at Seabreeze when I was pregnant with Allie. I distinctly remember carrying Brady on and off of the rides since he wasn’t walking. I remember looking at other kids running around and feeling so sad that there was something wrong with our son. Then last year Brady was walking, but was still so cautious, unsure of himself, and afraid of the world around him. He had been through so much and wasn’t quite ready to completely let go and have a ball.

Then there was this year.

DSC_1098

I’m so grateful for the daily reminders that God gives us of His great mercy, healing, and love. Reminders in the form of jumps down a step, splashes in the water, giggles with a brother or sister, and gorgeous smiles while riding in a boat. Thank you God for each and every one.

DSC_1100

sig

4 comments:

  1. Oh Meg-thank you once again for your refreshing entry today. There is just so much blessing represented here-3 siblings producing all these cousins that will grow up together and carry on this family yet again. How I wish we would have had 1 more child....how I really wish the 2 I've got would find their soul mates, get married & MAKE ME A GRANDMOTHER!! Gosh I envy you Kathy & Sandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you God for Brady's good health. May it continue for in him another 90+ years. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God's tender mercies are all around us. I am so glad that you see them and rejoice in them!!! It amazes me how God has worked through Brady and continues to work through him!! Brady has come a long way and I can't wait to see what the future holds for your little man!!

    Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures! Praying for you all daily. Thank you for sharing and reminding us of the miracles God has done and is doing every day.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!