Friday, February 5, 2010

A New Tradition

I've realized in talking with many other moms who have kids the same age as ours, that many toddlers enjoy watching movies. Now my kids have a handful of favorite TV shows (Caillou, Super Why, Imagination Movers, and Little Einsteins) but haven't ever watched a movie. Growing up I just loved getting lost in a movie, especially the Disney ones!

My mom gave us a few of our old VHS Disney tapes (gasp! A tape! I can just hear us now, "Back in our day kids, you had to watch a whole movie, and then rewind it if you wanted to watch it again!") So tonight after dinner we headed down to the basement playroom and Matt hooked up an old VHS player to the TV. I popped some popcorn and we all snuggled up and watched Cinderella. I LOVE the idea of us spending time together doing something I enjoyed as a child. Talk about coming full circle! We only got about halfway through before bedtime, but I think they would have watched the whole thing!

Matt volunteered to go back down to the basement tonight and vacuum up all the popcorn:)

1 comment:

We love to read your comments!