Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

This weekend was such a busy one, such a hot one, and so jam-packed with great memories!

We started off our weekend with dinner at our house with some great friends. It’s the best to just sit back and watch our kids play with other kids. They ran, they wrestled, they got so very dirty! The weather was perfect and we let the kids play outside until well past bedtime.

Saturday we went to the Michael Napoleone Memorial Foundation Baseball Tournament where I spoke on behalf of our family. Matt and the kids joined me at home plate and like I said before I spoke…people tend to pay attention better when the kids are with me:) We were so honored to be there and it was just a gorgeous day!

Sunday we left in the morning and headed to Sunset Bay to visit Grandma and Grandpa at their cottage on the Lake. The kids had a wonderful time playing in the sand and walking back and forth to the water. It was just last year that Brady was unable to walk up and down the beach. Last year I remember him crying for us to carry him and him just preferring to sit and play in the sand. This year was a different story. He trotted all over that beach and had a grand old time. Watching the four of them made my heart so happy.

Today we celebrated Memorial Day with my family and our friends. It was just VERY hot out, but we managed to have fun anyway. We started the day by walking to my mom’s to watch the parade.

Eli gives a lot of attention to our friend Jessica. I should mention that these pictures are courtesy of my mom’s camera!

100_4408

Cousin Aubrey showing off her American flag!

100_4401

My gang and Jessica getting ready for the marching band!

100_4398 

After the parade we came back for some fun in the new pirate pool. Matt worked so hard to find a little shade for everyone!

100_4409

100_4410

During the hottest part of the day we hung the swimsuits up to dry and headed inside for naps.

100_4416

After naps we all got back together for a delicious steak dinner and more playtime outside.

I hope that we all were able to pause this weekend and be thankful for the wonderful country that we live in. Perhaps you shook the hand of a service man or woman and thanked them for their sacrifice. Maybe you did something nice for a family whose loved one is far away from home serving our country. Hopefully we all realize the blessings that are ours just by being able to call ourselves Americans.

100_4392

1 comment:

We love to read your comments!