Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ups and Downs

Potty Training: Day 1: 2 Thumbs Up!

I heeded the advice of many-a-mom out there and decided to tackle potty training one at a time. The choice was easy...Cara. She's mature in a way that the boys just aren't. She understands things in a different way, can explain just about anything to us, and I've heard a million times that girls are easier. So, with a package of big-girl-undies in hand, I presented the idea to her and she happily agreed to give it a try:) I explained that if we had a great day potty training then we would paint her toe nails, dark pink of course!

I'll spare you all the potty details, but the great news is that Cara had an excellent first day! She spent many, many minutes in the bathroom. She read books, she sang songs, she wiggled, but she successfully went on the potty about 8 times! We had a couple of accidents, but I was SO proud of her. I was so glad to have Grandma Sandy here today because potty training one while caring for 3 others, and trying to do anything else around the house is a tough chore all alone. Tomorrow I'll go at it again, but for now my sweet big girl is sound asleep with dark pink toenails:)

In other news, Eli threw up all over just before dinner. He laid down for a few minutes, decided to try and come to the dinner table, and threw up again. After a little while he seemed to be back to his old self. My prayers have started that the rest of us would be spared.

It was quite a day! Lots of laundry for sure, but lots of celebrating too!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for Mummy, Cara and Grandma Sandy. What an incredible achievement for Cara!

    And my usual prayer....Dear Lord, Please keep all the Williams clan free from Eli's bug and may he be much better soon. Amen.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!