Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What Makes MOPS Special

I knew it was going to be a special night when I heard this song on the way to my MOPS meeting last night



I was so humbled to be able to share with the precious women in our group about how God has loved me through the difficult times in my life. In recent years I've come to really understand the depth of God's love as I faced unimaginable fear. There is just no possible way that I could live the rest of my life without sharing my story with those around me.

I hope that the ladies at our meeting were able to feel the awesome love of God through the words He gave me and to understand how salvation is the key to it all.

Being a part of MOPS is such an important element in my life as a mom of young children. To someone who doesn't go to MOPS it may seem like just a group of sappy chicks getting together to do crafts, eat, and talk.

But it is more-

much, much, more.

There are women in our group from all walks of life. There are women who attend church, those that don't, and those who are somewhere in between. There are first time moms, moms of many, single moms, working moms, and stay at home moms. Some of the women come to our meetings full of energy ready for a night out, while others come weary, heavy with the burdens of difficult circumstance, needing a friendly face to identify with them.

But it is our common bond that makes MOPS so special. We all find ourselves on this unbelievable, strange, overwhelming, wonderful, and stressful journey at the same time. By coming together at our meetings we can share together in a very special way. And hopefully, by the end of the year all of our moms know that we can not only lean on each other during this time in our life, but on God-who loves each and every one of us.

Goodbye MOPS 2010---my heart was SO filled up this year!

1 comment:

  1. Meg, Thank you for sharing our faith with us. I love the video and Casting Crowns song! My favorite!!

    Love, Deb R.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!