Thursday, March 11, 2010

Make a Wish

Seriously! This weather is awesome! We were outside for a bit in the afternoon again today and the fresh air just makes me feel better! I hear rain is on its way, but this week's weather has given me hope that spring is truly on its way:)

I wanted to take a chance to tell you all a little bit more about the Make a Wish Foundation. Of course you can click here to read about the great work they do. I received a follow up letter today from Make a Wish and they asked that we try and share their mission with as many people as we can. So, I'm doing my part and sharing this information with all of you. Perhaps you know a child who might be eligible for a wish!

Here are a few facts that I have copied from the letter I received today:

1. Health care professionals, parents, or the wish child may refer a child for a wish.

2. Many people believe that Make-A-Wish is for dying or terminally ill children. (This explains the look of panic in many people's eyes when I told them that Brady was granted a Wish!)

3. Make-A-Wish fulfills the wishes of children living with a life-threatening medical condition. Some of the life threatening conditions that generally qualify a child are leukemia, cancer, and transplants.

So, if you know of a child who is living with a life-threatening medical condition, please contact your local Make-A-Wish organization! In our case, Brady's wish was granted within 1 month of applying, but you can delay your wish being granted up until age 18. We wanted Brady to be able to fulfill his wish before his big orthopedic appointment just in case. I was shocked and amazed at how quickly they were able to put everything together!

Our family is really looking forward to finding a way to give back to this organization! Words just can't describe what a blessing the Make-A-Wish organization gave to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!