Sunday, January 17, 2010

Well, the week is here. Honestly it seems like eons ago when Brady was diagnosed with cancer. I guess it is because we have lived an awful lot of life since then. This week has kind of been this dark spot on my calendar...I know it has been coming, but have just wanted to avoid it. You might think, what is the big deal? It's just another day? Why the drama lady?

For me I think a lot of the difficult emotions from that day and the ones that followed are brought to the surface at certain times. When I go to Strong Hospital for Brady's scans every three months, when I walk by "the room" where we were told the word cancer, when I sit in the same rocking chair in the MRI recovery area as I held him in for hours as we waited to find out what we would face next...there are just painful emotions attached to those places. I guess the same is true for the upcoming week on the calendar. Those emotions are just attached to January 21st and beyond.

That is why I came up with the idea for the January 21st project. I wanted to somehow dispel some of those feelings and replace them with something positive. By sharing the many ways in which Brady's story has touched others, I am hopefully that our family will try and remember the good that has come out of this terrible experience. With just 4 days to go, I hope that if you still want to contribute your thoughts, you will email me at mwilliams91@rochester.rr.com. Some have told me how they heard about Brady and why they felt led to pray for him. Others have shared that praying for Brady has renewed their relationship with God. It has been wonderful to "meet" people whom I didn't even know where reading. I feel like we have a bunch of new friends out there who are on our team cheering for Brady right along with us!

I'm really looking forward to sharing all of the uplifting stories that have been sent to us. I'm praying that they bless your heart as much as they have mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!