With our need for lemonade met (woo hoo!), today I'm going to move on to our need for baked goods. In addition to selling lemonade, we are going to sell lemon-themed baked goods. I have 12 people who have agreed to bake something so far. I'm going to list those who have volunteered just as a reminder and to make sure they are still able to do so. If for some reason you cannot bake your item, please just let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Here is my list so far:
1. Lynn Wilson (lemon bars)
2. Kay Emmanuel (lemon cookies)
3. Rosalie Mangino (lemon cupcakes)
4. Danielle Riggs (lemon bars)
5. Nancy Hamm (lemon bars)
6. Michelle Sczudlo (lemon poppyseed bread)
7. Amy Bolton (lemon pound cake)
8. Laura Luft (gluten-free lemon cupcakes)
9. Ann Marie Suttell (lemon cookies)
10. Amanda Morrison (lemon cookies)
If you would be willing to add your name to this list of wonderful people, please email me or leave me a comment with your email address. It is okay to have more than one of the same item.
Here are a few directions for packaging the baked goods:
1. Please put your items either on a plate or piece of cardboard and wrap them in plastic or a ziplock bag. They need to be visible please.
2. You can package them in whatever quantities you want. For example, 6 cookies on a plate, or 1 loaf of bread, 6 slices of bread, 3 cupcakes...whatever you decide to do is fine.
3. I will price them based on quantity. I have special "Alex's Lemonade Foundation" stickers that I'm going to use.
4. You can drop your baked goods off at my house anytime on Saturday September 5th. If you can't make it out to my house, please email me and I can arrange a time to pick up the items from you.
If you have any questions at all, please email me.
I had a few questions about how to make a donation to our stand. You can make a cash donation in one of two ways. Either stop by the stand on September 6th and 7th at Labor Daze and put a donation in the jar, or you can donate directly to our online Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation account by clicking here and then clicking on DONATE. I'm pretty sure they accept all major credit cards and paypal. Remember, 100% of the money raised at the stand and the online donations will go directly to the foundation which funds research grants aimed at improving treatment options for children with pediatric cancer (kids just like Brady!)
Okay, that is all for today about the stand!
The kids are having a good week. We are relieved to have a quieter week than last week, but we are missing my sister and family very much. It's amazing how well my 10 and 6 year old nephews could entertain my kids! Brady is on "vacation" from PT for the next few weeks. The kids are still talking about the party and I think the memories will be with them for a long time. Brady especially remembers the "clown with the big-red-nose and the big-red-shooooooes!" Cara and Eli of course remember jumping in the bounce house. Brady also mentions how he "put the cupcake in the mouth!" ha!
I promise to get my camera out again soon!