Sunday, July 26, 2009

4 Days Until Scans

I haven't been rained on so much in a long time! First the baseball tournament yesterday, and today the skies opened up again at the church picnic. We managed to enjoy the service and eat lunch, well almost our whole lunch. Then the winds picked up, the thunder rolled, and it started pouring. We decided to head for home and got the kids down for a nap as the storm raged on. My theory is that God is saving that perfect summer day for August 15th!!

Please, please be praying this week for Brady and his scans on Thursday. It's hard to explain to people the anxiety that goes along with these scan dates. Oh how I wish it was just a simple "check up." But really, we are going to find out if the cancer is growing again in his spine or if it has popped up somewhere else in his body. We are PRAYING that these scans will show nothing at all, that God has taken the remaining tumor out of his body and claimed him cancer-free in His name!

My amazing prayer-warrior cousin Brenda reminded me of a verse last week, one that she had written down in a special notebook for me months ago. There is power in this verse!
Nahum 1:9
What do ye imagine against the LORD? He will make an utter end: affliction shall not rise up the second time.

That is what we are trusting in. Please be praying for this for Brady, and for our hearts to be at peace this week.
________________________________________________________________________
Other news: My friend and I are having a HUGE garage sale at my house this coming Friday (July 31) 9-5 and Saturday (Aug 1) 9-2. We are calling it the EVERYTHING BABY AND MORE SALE. Specifically we have complete wardrobes of boys clothes in sizes NB-18 months. We have beautiful baby girl's clothes in sizes 3-6 and 6-9. Included are many, like-new dress outfits (think Christmas and Easter dresses, adorable 3 piece boy dress outfits). We also have winter coats, snowsuits, boots. Other items: Cradle Swing, boy and girl bouncy seats, a really old, but still usable triple jogger, baby/toddler toys, highchair, excersaucers. Also A TON of great household items and some small furniture. If you don't know where I live, please email me mwilliams91@rochester.rr.com. This is a great sale for someone expecting, with a new baby, or for grandparents!!

5 comments:

  1. We will certainly keep Brady in our prayers...and you too! As a mother I can not imagine the anxiety and fear that must overcome you. I pray that the cancer has been removed and that God will keep you in His embrace as you prepare for Thursday!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for Brady and you too. I hope your garage sale goes well. Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for Brady!! Thanks for the info on the sale. :o)

    -Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for Brady. Thanks for the info on the sale!! :o)

    -Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meg,
    The unknown is so scary and it really challenges and strengthens our faith.

    Please pray for my knee surgery on Weds.

    I have just read a wonderful book on praying:
    When Mother's Pray by Cheri Fuller. Have you read it? If not try to get a copy. IT HAS REALLY HELPED TO PUT MY PRAYING INTO HIGH GEAR!

    I will pray for the success of Brady's scans and your garage sale.

    Love, Deb R

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!