Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Allie is Such a Big Girl

Why didn't someone warn me how hard it would be to see my last "baby" grow up so fast? I feel like I'm savoring every moment as much as I can with Allie, but I can feel her "babyness" slipping through my fingers every day. She is truly a fabulous, sweet girl. I worry that she may be completely spoiled in our family! Allie will be 9 months old at the beginning of August. She was just 2 1/2 months old when Brady was diagnosed so it seems her whole life has been consumed by the memories of cancer. God certainly knew what he was doing when he plopped her into our life amidst these tough times. She is a daily sunbeam in our world...

Allie taking a bath like a big girl in the sink. She is admiring her frog prince!






____________________________________________________________________
Other news from the day:
No word from Strong today about a scan date. I called yesterday and today to speak with my nurse friends who work in pediatric radiology. I'm expecting them to return my call tomorrow, I hope!

I was interviewed on the phone today by Reader's Digest. They are doing a story about the Dolly Parton Imagination Library Program that a local family in our area sponsors for all kids who live in our town. I'll let you know if they use any of my comments in an upcoming issue!

A brief article I wrote for the Make a Difference To One blog was published today. You can click here and scroll down to read it!

4 comments:

  1. She is soooo precious! God sure did know what he was doing. Her looks change every time i see her lol.

    Beautiful article too, great news about Reader's Digest. I'm not surprised though, i've seen this coming for a long time.

    Good night, love the Peters'

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am totally there with you...my #4 is 18 months and she finally outgrew her preemie car seat. i am sooo sad. well, with the oldest at 14, i guess i have a little time.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!