Tuesday, September 1, 2009

6 Days Until Our First Lemonade Stand!

Our little Eli seems to be on the mend. No more throw ups today, although he barely ate much of anything (MnMs for lunch and bacon for dinner:) I let them eat whatever sounds good when they are sick! No signs of anyone else coming down with it...yet.

Only six days left until our first official Alex's Lemonade Stand. Today I printed off a bunch of things I needed for the stand. I picked up aprons yesterday and if I have time, I want to try and get them embroidered. We have 17 people baking for us...isn't that awesome? For many, it is the first week back to school and I appreciate so much that people are willing to give of their "final week of summer."

Did you know that September is pediatric cancer awareness month? Now you do! I'm going to try and give you a fact about pediatric cancer every day this month. I'm not doing this to scare you or depress you. I'm doing this because awareness is a vital part of early detection and a huge part of fundraising for research money.

Fact #1 On the average, 36 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer everyday in the United States.

Now onto some pictures. Matt got an amazing new camera from his parents for his birthday (by the way---his birthday is Labor Day!) I'm having SO much fun learning how to use it. I couldn't have better subjects to take pictures of. Well I guess they could stand still a little better, and perhaps all smile at the same time...

Eli Matthew




Cara Kathleen




Brady Andrew




Allison Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!