Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Have Monkeys for Kids

When did they turn into monkeys? I've always been able to brag that my kids didn't get into much trouble. They have always had free reign of most of the house and I haven't had to watch them every second. In the last week they have decided to climb everything all day long! The climb up on furniture, onto the backs of the furniture, onto tables, on top of their big toys, onto the stools in the kitchen, up their changing table, and now are attempting to get out of their cribs! I can hear the laughs from my fellow-triplet moms already! They told me these horror stories and I always said that my kids just don't do these things and I wasn't sure why! Well ladies, laugh all you want, then please tell me how to keep them from breaking their limbs!!!

Allie continues to be sick, poor sweetie. Her spirits were pretty good all day despite the runniest nose ever! She is also a monkey by the way. She "gets" everything that the big kids do and follows along as best she can. She is standing on her own now, not taking steps yet, but can stand indefinitely! She enjoys crawling around the house with my kitchen towels over her head, knocking down stacks of diapers in the nursery, and eating scraps of food left behind on the floor after meals. I joke that with the 4th baby you don't technically have to feed them, they find a way to survive eating whats on the floor...ha!

Tomorrow is our appointment with Dr. Rubery the spinal surgeon. Matt, Brady, and I will be leaving at 8am for the 9am appointment. We are praying the prognosis for Brady's spine is better than we expect. Either way, we are praying that God will work miracles in this area and allow Brady to grow big and strong without any restrictions on what he can do! Isn't it cool that God can overcome any prognosis?

So after 12 hours with my 4 little zoo creatures, I am tired, but certainly just being home all day helped to restore my spirit:) My kids are amazing, totally wacky, but amazing!!!

Pictures:
All dressed up for Grandparent's Day


Helping mommy make mini pizzas for lunch


It's all about firefighters around here!





Today's cancer fact: Only about 20% of adults with cancer show evidence that the disease has spread to distant sites on the body at diagnosis yet 80% of children are diagnosed with advanced disease.

That statistic causes me to just stop, and thank God for Brady's "early" diagnosis. This is just not the case in SO many instances of childhood cancer. Thank God that Brady was showing a symptom (not walking) so that we knew something was wrong.

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday...

3 comments:

  1. Glad it was a better day today, though I'm sure not without it's challenges. :o) Chasing monkeys is hard work!! Sophie made two huge whole body-whole area messes today. Ugh. Monkey children. They drive you nuts, but at least it's interesting! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all of you. Collin's had more snot than I thought possible in a 3yr old! It's going on two weeks plus he had a hib shot ontop...know what you're feeling w/sick kids and meds ah!!!! Sending up lots of prayers for fireman Brady our hero:)

    Lots of love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan,

    Thanks for the laugh, all of us triplet moms can relate and we knew it was only a matter of time! When Steven, Chad and Ally were about 2 I had to buy harnesses and strap them into their high chairs or they'd hang from them. Babies 'r us sells them for a few bucks they zipper up the back and have straps that you attach to wherever you want them to stay. Good luck the table and counters were the worst!
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!