Monday, November 16, 2009

A New Look!

Well Steps for Brady was in serious need of a makeover. Actually, it still is and I'm working on it. At the very least I needed to update Brady's picture. I just LOVE this picture of him, however I'm trying to decide if Brady looks like he is missing his left leg. Gives steps for Brady a whole different meaning to our new readers, huh? (ha! forgive this housewife's twisted sense of humor!) Despite any confusion over the number of Brady's limbs, I love the picture and it will stay for a while!

I'm going to attempt to update things a bit in coming weeks. I do have a wonderful girl who contacted me online who wants to makeover my blog for free, but she can't work on it until February. Maybe by then I can figure out a few things too. I want the blog to remain a place for Neuroblastoma families to come and read about our experience. I want this blog to be a cyber scrapbook of our family's life. I want this blog to be a place where people can come and read about God's grace in the midst of life's trials. And I want this blog to be a place where I can just share about life, and hopefully be encouraging, or at the very least, entertaining! So I'm figuring out ways to organize all of this into a wonderful place to stop by once in a while!

Nothing too exciting happening this week. We are getting our family pictures done on Saturday (hopefully a Christmas card picture) so I need to get to a mall to pick up things to complete our outfits. It is such a chore to dress 6 people head to toe in outfits that look good together. Allie has her one year appointment on Thursday. Brady is coming with us to get his weight checked and to catch up on an immunization that he missed when he was on chemo. We also have to retest his urine levels. The lab wasn't able to get both the HVA and VMA levels with the last sample. Our pediatrician will be giving us a kit to take home. He will have to wear a bag overnight and hopefully we will have a sample and not wet sheets in the morning. He is going to just LOVE this (insert sarcasm here!)

Hope your week is off to a great start!

3 comments:

  1. My heart just melted when I saw the new picture. It is perfect! I did have to laugh at the missing leg comment, I have a published picture that looks like I have a missing arm! No one else notices until I point it out. I didn't notice Brady's hidden limb until you mentioned it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg,
    How Brady has grown. I think he looks more and more like Matt. He has lost his baby look. Thank you for updating us. I read your blog everynight. Take care and enjoy your precious little ones, they grow so fast!!!

    Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!