Monday, November 2, 2009

The World Series is Killing Me

So I'm not a huge baseball fan. And this time of year I dread games that go into the wee hours of the night. My husband loves the stuff and retreats to his basement recliner to watch the game, yell at the game, cheer at the game. I find myself unable to go to sleep unless the house, and Matt, are all settled down for the night. And of course, when he finally does come to bed, he is sound asleep within 5 minutes, while I lay awake until 1am or so worried about my lack of sleep!

So please Yankees, win tonight...and I think you have to win another night too, so do that...and HURRY UP!!! (edited to add: So Matt just informed me that tonight could be the last game!) This mommy needs more sleep!

PS...why DO they have to play so late anyway?

3 comments:

  1. Meg,
    If women ran these games they would not be on so late!!!

    I agree they need to win tonight and get it over with!

    LOL...
    Deb R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so bummed they lost tonight- they were totally going to come back!
    And why is it that men can fall asleep in 2.5 seconds and we lay awake for hours trying to settle our brains down:)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha....I also want to know why they have to play so late???? I love the game and I wish I could stay up to watch the whole thing, but I find myself falling asleep around 830-900...YIKES, very early I know. I hope they win tomorrow night so you can get some sleep and the regular shows will be back on! GO YANKEES!!! Heather

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!