Friday, December 4, 2009

Let the Busy Season Begin!

It's officially the first weekend of the Christmas season! Is your calendar as crazy as mine? This weekend includes shopping, cooking, baking, Matt's company party, church, and a get together with the Williams side of the family. I've been doing a lot of shopping in the evening which means I'm extra tired all day long!

With the bustle of this season, it's so easy to get caught up in it all and forget the focus that should be in our hearts. I find that my children are wonderful reminders for me about the true reason for celebration at Christmas. Sure they are SO intrigued by Santa this year, the love looking at the tree, and they are getting excited about presents. But there have been so many special moments when they climb into my lap with one of their Christmas story books and want me to read it to them. It is so precious to share with them the story of Jesus' birth. They just adore the story of Mary and Joseph, Jesus being born among the animals, and how the wisemen followed the star to Bethlehem. It's wonderful to see God opening their hearts to want to learn the most important story ever told!

Amidst the craziness, I pray that you'll find quiet moments to reflect on the importance of the Christmas season.

1 comment:

We love to read your comments!