Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow is on Its Way!

Apparently we are in for some pretty significant snowfall this week! I have to say one of the many advantages of being home with my kids is knowing that we can stay safely snuggled in our house all day while the snow comes down! Now if only I could figure out how to have Matt here with us too:)

We had our MOPS Christmas party tonight and it was such a great evening. My brother and I got to sing together for the entertainment. We have sung together many, many times in the last 15 or so years, but don't get the chance to much anymore. It was a true blessing to share our music with the ladies at MOPS.

Well, tomorrow my gift wrapping starts. Lots and lots of wrapping needs to be done!!!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas:)

P.S. I don't know how many of you read the comments section of the blog, but in the last months I've been humbled by some of the people who have been stopping by and commenting. A few months back Lynn Eib left a comment saying she stumbled upon our blog and was so glad that I have enjoyed her books When God and Cancer Meet and Finding Light in Cancer's Shadow. Just the other day the founder of the Arms Wide Open Cancer Foundation stopped by. And then yesterday Jay Scott, founder of Alex's Lemonade Stand (Alex's dad) commented on Brady's good HVA VMA results! It is so incredible how simple words on a computer can connect people so easily! And of course---all of you regular readers are just as important to me! Your support has gotten us through our darkest days! Thanks to all!

4 comments:

  1. Please send some snow Australia Megan. It's 34 degrees here today (that's nearly 94 F) and we've had all the airconditioning running all day. It is expected to be this hot for 3-4 days. Ugh. I'm off to do the school pick up and then jump in the pool for the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know who you are going to touch with your words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy the days snuggled up in your house watching the snow fall. Maybe we will have enough to go out and play in it.....or maybe, just maybe, there will be enough for you know what!!! I don't want to say it and because I don't want to get to excited and then not get a call in the morning. SO, if "it" happens, GREAT and if not, then I will so the same thing I do every day. Do you get what I mean Miss Teacher Meg???? Great seeing you and we hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steps For Brady has been a tremendous source of inspiration to many people in many ways. I feel so blessed by your ministry in the midst of your struggle to keep it going with four busy children and all the illness that those precious ones have hit with. I thank god daily for you and Matt and the kids and I hope you continue to allow us entrance into your lives through this Blog. Thank you for your words of wisdom, shouts of joy and at times whispers of sorrow at the suffering you and others have had to endure. I appreciate you. Prayers continue, Have a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!