Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Barf-o-Rama 2009

You are all going to start thinking I'm nuts over here, but this is all true, sad to say it, totally true. Matt and I went to my MOPS meeting tonight because it was couple's night. We had a GREAT time and really needed the "us" time. We got home at 9pm and by 9:30 both Brady and Eli were throwing up in their cribs. It is now 11:25 and they have been going strong for 2 hours. Brady has thrown up 6 or 7 times and Eli 4 or 5. I totally freaked out because of Brady and his immune system. I called the hospital right away to see what we should do. Our doctor said that because his blood counts still haven't dropped yet, that he should be okay. (just as I'm tying, I had to take a break because Eli threw up again). Matt and I are so exhausted...mentally, physicialy, in every way possible. Our days have been so chaotic since we have been home. I was "lucky" today and spent the day with my mom cleaning out my grandma's clothes from her house. Although the mental break was refreshing, coming home to this just makes me feel so depleted.

Thank goodness Matt is finding the humor in it all. He made me laugh several times as we worked together to handle the puke, poop, and massive amounts of laundry. What would I do without him? Thank God one of us is strong when the other is weak.

Edited to add: Just listened to a voice mail from a dear friend out in New Mexico. She wanted to let me know that her and her family did something in honor of Brady and our family today. They took pizza, cookies, and other goodies to their local Ronald Mc Donald House for the families that are there(check out the bottom of the blog to see why this means so much). They don't know anyone there, they did this to bless others in honor of my little boy. I SO needed that right now...what an amazing way for God to speak to my heart tonight. That totally reminds me of the lyrics to the Casting Crowns song "Praise you in This Storm"

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

Goodnight for tonight...thanks Julie

6 comments:

  1. What a really terrific idea your friend had! I'm glad she shared it with you, too. It's good to hear good news--especially when you're struggling. I'm glad you got a bit of a mental break today and you and Matt had some alone time together. Thank goodness Brady's blood counts haven't dropped and you and Matt have each other to lean on. I'm sure he thinks you are stronger than you feel right now. We do!! :o) Love you, Meg. Get some sleep. Everyone will be feeling better soon.
    -Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry for an extra storm of sickness, we are paranoid to go anywhere i hear everyone has it! But we specifically pray in the peters house that his blood count does not drop and that there will be no infection! If you hadn't have gotten out to help your mom you may not have found humor in those moments, i thank God everytime i can just get in the car and run a quick errand w/ no noise, no kids...we so desperately need those mental moments to hold onto our sanity. You both are so amazingly strong for being so young and having so much to deal with. know we love you and hold you up high in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poor little ones! I hope they feel better soon. Just take care of yourselves and hopefully you won't get sick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep up your faith..weather you think so or not u are doing an amazing job!!!!! God Bless your entire family! you are all in my prayer every night! "God is able to do immeasureablely more than all we ask or imagine!" Ephesians 3:20

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so sorry you have to deal with this extra stress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan,
    At this point, I am telling God, wait a minute! These parents are wonderful and strong because of your graces but enough, is enough. God does not need to test you anymore.
    At times we have to laugh or we would just be crying all the time.
    Think of the book you can write someday and you will be a millionaire!
    Take care know that we are all your Warriors in Prayer for Brady and your family.

    Thanks for the picture,

    Love, Deb R.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!