Friday, June 5, 2009

Festival of Hope

Well, I did it! I made it through my speech and song at the Festival of Hope. It was a beautiful evening and a great priviledge to be able to share Brady's story. Here are a few pictures:

Matt and I (does this count as date night?) Actually we did squeeze in dinner beforehand and ice cream on our way home.







At the end of the night hundreds of luminaries are lit in memory of those who have lost their battle with cancer and in honor of cancer survivors. The luminaries line the track and Matt and I took a long walk around to find my mom's candle and Brady's.


A wonderful end to a wonderful day! Tomorrow we are off to the Walk for Life!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everything went well. Just to let you know my oldest Brennan was the dishwasher at Bob Evans where you ate tonight!! lol He texted me right away and told me you were there. I texted back to sneak out to see you, but never heard back from him, and he's still not home yet. How moving to see your mom's and Brady's lights! May God give you rest now and bless you for sharing your pain and thankfulness in how he's been touching Brady. Love to your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad it all went well...i love the luminaries...

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!