Thursday, June 25, 2009

You Guys are GREAT!

I can't believe how many people have emailed me or left messages since I posted my volunteer sign up for our lemonade stand! Once again I am in awe of the giving nature of our friends! Several have offered to work at the stand, offered to buy supplies, and offered to bake. There are many more areas of need, but I have no doubt that God is going to do big things with this project:)

Every single time I think about selling lemonade I think about the families that I know that have a child battling cancer. I think of Stephanie who is 8 months pregnant with her second child and is back forth from Iowa to NYC for weeks at a time as her daughter Dakota fights for her life. I think of Aaron who reached out to help Matt and I in countless ways as we faced our trip to NYC. All the while, his precious son Eli has been fighting this disease for 2 years, all while being away from his mommy and brother back in Iowa. I think of my new friend Laurie who lost her amazing son Michael to leukemia... My friends, I thank you for realizing how important it is to me to do something to honor these warriors and these families. I pray, I pray every day for them. I'm so honored to do so, and I'm so excited to do this project to raise money to improve treatment options for children with pediatric cancers.



No big family news today. Allie continues to get better every day. I took her with me to Jackson school this morning for the end of the school year breakfast. Yes, I've been on maternity leave for 2 1/2 years, but I still love my school family:) She was an absolute doll and it was fun to spend time with just her!



You can CLICK HERE to link to the Alex's Lemonade Stand sign up sheet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments!