Saturday, March 7, 2009

Home



Hooooray! We are home! Labs came back negative for infection so we were discharged at 6:30pm. I guess the fever must have been some sort of reaction to anesthesia. I'm going to get a list of the meds that were given and try to figure out what was different this time. Brady's blood counts are coming back up, not normal yet, but no longer neutropenic. The results of HVA VMA were not in yet, so we will probably have to wait until Monday (remember those levels will tell us if the amount of cancer cells are decreasing). We have an appointment Monday with the oncologist that was supposed to be to go over results of the scans. Since we already did that in the hospital, I'm going to call Monday morning to see if we still need to come in. Our next goal is to get this tumor out, which means we need to get Sloan to return our calls and emails. That is an area for prayer!

I wanted to share a picture with you of our three monkeys (the 4th monkey was sleeping soundly in her swing). It warmed mommy's heart to see her four "babies" back where they all belong! Also I included a picture of Brady saying his prayers:)

11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you're back home and Brady's feeling better! Glad you still have another day left on the weekend to all be together, too. I'm sure you've been missing one another. Cute pictures!! :o)

    -Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am just loving this last picture with all those sweet monkeys! what a great joy. so glad you all are home...and that mister monkey is doing better with no infection! hooray! more prayers going up about sloan...come on, sloan. let's go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture or little Brady praying.....
    so sweet.....(we'll keep praying too)...
    -Colleen
    Hanover Twp., PA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh he is so cute saying his prayers! I'll be praying God makes a way where there is no way and you guys get the surgery you need. Thanks for posting the news and pics. :)
    I am sure you are loving him home and having everyone together.

    Praying hard!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for pics of the babies! Little does he know as he's praying so many more are praying and loving him! Alex prayed tonight and said,"Please give Brady's family faith, hope, and encouragement, NOT discouragement!" AMEN to that! Hold them close and enjoy the messes, they grow too fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet pictures! Brady looks so much like you in this picture Matt! Very happy everyone is back home, tucked in, and safe. We will continue to pray for you Brady and the rest of the family. Love you all.
    Jill & Family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I amso glad your all back together! I will take this wonderful news to church with me and let our class know. The pictures are so cute! Thank you for sharing. I will continue to pray that God will find a way for you. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you are home. The pictures are just precious.
    Much love and prayers
    Lynn and Wes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meg, There is power in prayer and everyone I run into I ask them to pray for you and your family. I am sure it is nice to have everyone back home. There is a Christian song I heard on the radio the other day called He is my Son. It reminded me of you and it was written by a man who had a friend with a child with cancer. I pray God gives you strength when you think you have none, gives you hope when you are clinging to the last thread. I also read this the other night and thought of you, "God is changing thigns through our willingness to pray and keep at it. While sorrow looks back and worry looks around, faith looks up. We must never lose infinite hope." Put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and withim is full redemption. Psalm 130:7

    We will continue to pray with and for you. God Bless,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad he is home with your family and I want you to know Brady has continued to be in my thoughts and prayers!
    Sarah(TC)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, that picture brings back memories, my gosh the time goes by fast.
    (My husband Scott and I both went for the big surgery, and it worked out great.) Glad you heard from them, and I hope you hear more soon. Love, Ellen
    http://www.caringbridge.org/ma/seanhanson

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!