Monday, October 5, 2009

Home Safe and Sound

Cara went into surgery at about 9:05 and was out by 9:15. She woke up from anesthesia VERY upset, it's amazing what that stuff does to toddlers. We had a long conversation with the anesthesiologist beforehand, of course grilling him about every drug he wanted to use. I was floored at the amount of medication needed for a 3-4 minute surgery!

The doctor says the surgery went great and that she should be fine later today. She stopped crying (and screaming and flailing!) once we got into the car. She slept most of the way home. She didn't want to eat lunch, but she did have some chocolate milk and marshmallows while laying on the couch. We have a rule around here that if you have surgery, you get to eat anything you want:)

Thank you for your prayers. I couldn't help be brought back to many memories while at the hospital today. I don't think I can ever see one of those pediatric metal cribs without welling up...but I did feel peace and serenity knowing Cara was in God's hands.

Here is a picture I took on my cell phone. She was so precious in her daddy's arms. I made him take her back to the operating room because I knew I would get upset. As he walked away with her, she looked over his shoulder and said, "Bye mommy, bye!" and blew me a kiss. She's so wonderful...

8 comments:

  1. HI Megan

    I pray every day that the path God has given you becomes less of a roller coaster and that you continue to find strength in his love and the prayers of those who love you!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg,
    I agree the daddy/ daughter pic is precious!
    I am glad to hear everything went well.
    Love, Deb R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've had a tough year. Good things coming your way! I'm glad it went well.

    P.s. I think that is a great rule;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a relief to have the surgery behind you! Glad you and Matt were able to be there together and for each other and Cara.

    -Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad all went well. My husband likes your idea of eating anything you want after surgery. God is so good! Great picture of Cara and Matt. Prayers continue for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad everything went well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor thing, I hope she is feeling better and you get good results!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!