Friday, October 9, 2009

Pierce

I got an update last night that Pierce Phillips, the little boy I had asked you to keep in your prayers, passed away in his mother's arms at home yesterday. Oh friends I struggled with this news. I guess you can say that my mommy heart was just broken for this family. You see this sweet boy was just a few months younger than Brady and somehow I found myself shaken by this boy's death so very much. Imagine the strength and courage it takes a family make the choice to let go of their sweet baby and send him back to God who loves him even more than they do. If you find a minute please pray for this couple...
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/piercephillips

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those that mourn, for they shall be comforted.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Megan...I am so sorry. The prayers for Pierce's family will continue in the days ahead.
    Your faith will continue to hold you up.
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continueing to pray for Pierce's family. I have a 3 and 1/2 year old son and can only imagine the pain his parents are feeling. He is a super angel now - pain free.

    Keeping Brady in daily thoughts.

    Julie Lynch
    jlynch017@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg and Matt,
    My heart breaks for Pierce's family. They are so young and beautiful. Their pictures are so wonderful and brought me to tears to feel their pain of loose.
    Our prayers will give then strength to continue on in Jesus' name.

    Thank you for sharing this with us even though it is so sad.

    Prayers to all of you as you wait for the scans.

    Love, Deb R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for their family and for yours~~~
    Love, Janet

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your comments!